Lets take a closer look atup
Header & Footer Customization
Customize the look and feel of your header and footer details. You can add, or edit the following content:
- View in Browser: This is the banner which helps to open the email in a separate browser tab/window.
- Update Profile: It lets the customer to update his profile.
- Subscribe: It lets the recipients subscribe to email notifications, updates and newsletters.
- Tell-a-Friend: It lets the recipient to share the campaign content.
- Unsubscribe: It lets the subscriber unsubscribe from your mailing list. The contact will be moved to Do Not Mail Registry.
If you don't want to these links to be reflected as part of the Header & Footer section, you can use Merge Tags to embed Header & Footer links within the campaign content.
|Merge Tags ||Related Links |
|$[LI:SUBSCRIBE]$ ||Subscribe Link |
|$[LI:UNSUBSCRIBE]$ ||Unsubscribe Link |
|$[LI:TELLAFRIEND]$ ||Tell a Friend Link |
|$[LI:UPDATEPROFILE]$ ||Update Profile Link |
|$[LI:VIEWINBROWSER]$ ||View in Browser Link |
|$[HF:ORGADDRESS]$ ||Company Address |
Learn how to create campaign themes for your email campaign
- If you have selected None (No Header and Footer) as part of the campaign theme, then you must add the unsubscribe tag $[LI:UNSUBSCRIBE]$ to your campaign content. Only then will you be able to disable the header and footer.
Personalize Your Email Campaign
Add your recipients’ name, address, and other details by using merge tags. Merge Tags are smart tags that pull recipient specific data directly from your mailing list into your email message. You can also add merge-tags to the subject and/or the content.
Adding Merge Tags to personalize your content
- Click the intended merge tag.
- Copy the merge tag related to the first name, last name, or email address.
- Paste the tag in an appropriate place in the content. (For example, if you want to replace address the recipient by his first name, copy the related merge tag “$[FNAME]$” and paste at the right place in the content.
- Click Save & Close to proceed.
- If you plan to import your campaign, copy and paste relevant merge tags in your HTML.
- If you select HTML editor/Text editor, copy and paste relevant tags corresponding to their position within your content.
Subject-based Merge Tags
Personalize your subject -- the easiest shortcut to grab your subscribers' attention when they see the mail in their inbox. Our easy-to-use merge tags help tailoring the subject to the audience.
Usage of First Name in Subject Line
Use your customer's first name by inserting a merge tag like this:
“Hey $[FNAME|Subscriber]$, Your Weekly Updates” would look like “Hey Subscriber, Your Weekly Updates”.
It is always suggested to use a standard subject rather than adding only merge tags in the subject line.
For example, if you want to send an email to a recipient about an order delivery, then it should look like Hi $[FNAME]$, Your Shipment is Delivered rather than $[FNAME]$.
Here are a few tips:
- Avoid using an email address within the subject line.
- Make your subject line crisp and to the point.
- Set a default value in the merge tags. That will act as a replacement if your customers' first names are not updated in the contact list.
- You can also use the last name in subject merge tags.
List Info Tags
These are merge tags that pull information from your list details.
$[ML:LISTNAME]$ - Displays the list name.
$[ML:LISTSUBCOUNT]$ - Displays the number of subscribers present in the list.
Social Share Tags
You can also include merge tags for sharing the email campaign on Facebook, Twitter and, LinkedIn. This will allow your subscribers to share your email campaign on social media. Let’s take a look at the different types of Social Share Tags.
In the content configuration page, you can find social share tags on the right side. Just copy the specific merge tag and paste it in your campaign content. We’ll provide the link or icon depending upon the type of merge tag selected for the sharing.
Link Based Tags
These are social sharing links which allow your subscriber to share the campaign on social sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
To share on Facebook - $[SS:FBLIKELINK]$
To share on Twitter -$[SS:TWTWEETLINK]$
To share on LinkedIn - $[SS:LNSHARELINK]$
Icon Based Tags
These are social sharing icons which allow your subscriber to share the campaign on social sites such as Facebook, Tweeter, and LinkedIn. In an icon based tag, “Like” is the title tag and “Like this” is the Alt text for the icon.
To share on Facebook - $[SS:FBLIKEICON|Like|Like this]$
To share on Twitter - $[SS:TWTWEETICON|Tweet|Tweet this]$
To share on LinkedIn - $[SS:LNSHAREICON|Share|Share this]$
- Use href tag to add link based tags. For e.g. <a href=”$[SS:FBLIKELINK]$”>Like</a>
- Icon merge tags are not supported in text format.
You can provide an option to print the email campaign using merge tags. These essential tags let your subscribers print your email campaign. Let’s take a look at the different types of print tags.
$[ET:PRINTLINK]$ - This is displayed in the form of a link to print the email campaign.
$[ET:PRINTICON]$ - This is displayed in the form of icon to print the email campaign.
$[ET:PRINTICON|Print|Print this]$ - This is also displayed in the form of icon with Print as hover message.
You can add an option for users to post comments on your email campaign. All you need is add relevant merge tags in campaign content.
$[ET:COMMENTS_LINK]$ - This is displayed in the form of link to add comment in email campaign.
$[ET:COMMENTS_ICON]$ - This is displayed in the form of icon to add comment in email campaign.
$[ET:COMMENTS_ICON|Comments|Add comments]$ - This is displayed in the form of icon with hover comment as Add Comment in email campaign.
Using CRM Data to Personalize Sender Details
Using Zoho Campaigns, you can send an email campaign with a personalized sender name and email address of a Contact/Lead owner who is associated with that record in CRM.
What is Alternate Sender Name and Sender Email?
If the Contact/Lead owner's name/email address is not present in Zoho CRM, then you can add value in Alternate sender name and email which will be used to send the campaign.
- To avail this enhancement, the user must have integrated Zoho Campaigns with their Zoho CRM account and have at least one active sync running.
Using CRM Data to Personalize Campaign Content
You can also use CRM based merge tags which automatically pull information from your CRM account. All you need to do is add relevant merge tags in your campaign content. The merge tags pull specific data from CRM based on how the information is requested within the email content.
This means you need to be cautious in placing the merge tags in an appropriate way.
These are the merge tags which will fetch the information from the CRM account:
- If the record field has a missing data, you can provide a default value to replace the missing information in email content. For instance, if the merge tag for account manager's name is $[CRM:CONTACTOWNER]$, you can add a default value and social default value similar to this $[CRM:CONTACTOWNER | Patricia Boyle | Patricia]$